Effective: 18 November 2022
Last Updated: 12 January 2023
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, address, and contact details.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- your Ethereum public address;
- any bids, offers, buys, sells, withdrawals, deposits, claims, mints, burns, or other like interactions (collectively, Transactions) associated with your IP address, and your Ethereum public address;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your inquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- or any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
3. How do we collect personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, support tickets, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services, or websites;
- make inquiries, report suspicious market activity, or submit comments, bug reports, ideas, or other feedback about the Farmy website and our services, including without limitation about how to improve the Farmy website (collectively, Feedback);
- connect your compatible Ethereum wallet to the Farmy website, sign a Transaction or otherwise interact with the suite of smart contracts that form the Farmy Ecosystem;
- interact with our sites, services, content, and advertising; or
invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
4. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website and services, business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support, and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and the information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Farmy, our users, or others; and
to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymized consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalize your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
5. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail, or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
6. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
third-party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers, and agents;
payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
our existing or potential agents, business partners, or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us;
- and/or other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorized, or permitted by law.
7. Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone, or other devices. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
8. Use of third-party software
All Transactions made through the Farmy website are facilitated and run through your compatible Ethereum wallet (eg MetaMask, which is a third-party Extension). The Farmy website is the interface for an Ethereum-based suite of applications (eg staking, rewards, vesting, claiming, exchange, and auctions), which allows each user to interact with the smart contracts deployed to the Ethereum blockchain to assist with facilitating Transactions.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
10. Data retention
We may hold your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to enable you to access and use our services, including the purposes detailed in section 4. Your personal information may be retained wholly or in part for a longer or shorter period in accordance with applicable laws or for any other lawful reason. Data retention periods may be altered from time to time-based on regulatory or other changes.
12. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information, and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
13. Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address, and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.